Philmon, Singapore.
He had discovered Time and Death and God.

Recent Posts.
Ultimate Santana.
Nothing from Nowhere.
ASEAN Summit.
WHAT?
CBRE
In Somber Resplendence.
Axis of Evil.
Hello there. I can't seem to add in the title. I h...
Recurrence.
Command School


We Say Trendkill.

Enshrined


Cast Down the Heretics.
  • Precious
  • 05A23
  • Bernadette
  • Cubicbottle
  • Dinie
  • Eshwinder
  • Jeffree
  • Juliano
  • Kader
  • Kimberly
  • Mak
  • Nadia
  • Nurul
  • Pei Yi
  • Shu Chen
  • Selene
  • Serina
  • SiewBoon
  • Yu Jun
  • Zira
  • Zi Yang

  • And the Slaves Shall Serve.
  • Harmony Central
  • The Gearpage
  • Football365
  • Manchester
  • Ibreathemusic
  • Guitarknowledgenet
  • Cyberfret
  • Ultimate
  • Freelicks
  • Farhat
  • Superfrets
  • Musictheory
  • Wholenote
  • Ibanezrules
  • Jemsite
  • ProjectG
  • Backing
  • Luther's
  • S.O.F.T
  • Tonefactor
  • Mr.Yong

  • Fly on, little wing.


    Monday, January 07, 2008
    Invigoration.

    I used to have the time to practise my music and my guitar everyday. Nowadays, that kind of freedom and flexibility are throughly non-existent.

    As such, I try to play my guitar as often as possible. Due to the time constraints, I've structured my practising to be at it's most efficient. I try to do different things within that one practise session. I make it a point to feel invigorated at the end of each practise session.

    For example, I'd spend some time doing the warm-ups, the scales and wide stretches. That's phase one.
    Phase two would see me doing the fast licks, string-crossing, practising fast alternate pickings and such.
    Phase three I'd do the string-bendings, trying to get all the bends pitch-perfect. I'd also practise my vibrato.
    For the last phase I'd learn some new licks. I'm currently learning select phrases from the great Charlie Parker.

    This way, I may be just practising for an hour-odd each session, but I gain much more than if I mindlessly doodle away on the guitar for ten-hours.

    Some people just senselessly practise and doodle for hours on end. As a result, they come out of it feeling tired and lacklustre.
    In that case, that bloody joker is defeating the purpose of music and is desecrating his instrument.
    Music is supposed to inspire; and playing your instrument and creating inspiration is a boundless joy. Nothing less.





    Posted at 1:07 pm