Philmon, Singapore.
He had discovered Time and Death and God.

Recent Posts.
Nothing from Nowhere.
ASEAN Summit.
WHAT?
CBRE
In Somber Resplendence.
Axis of Evil.
Hello there. I can't seem to add in the title. I h...
Recurrence.
Command School
Overburdened.


We Say Trendkill.

Enshrined


Cast Down the Heretics.
  • Precious
  • 05A23
  • Bernadette
  • Cubicbottle
  • Dinie
  • Eshwinder
  • Jeffree
  • Juliano
  • Kader
  • Kimberly
  • Mak
  • Nadia
  • Nurul
  • Pei Yi
  • Shu Chen
  • Selene
  • Serina
  • SiewBoon
  • Yu Jun
  • Zira
  • Zi Yang

  • And the Slaves Shall Serve.
  • Harmony Central
  • The Gearpage
  • Football365
  • Manchester
  • Ibreathemusic
  • Guitarknowledgenet
  • Cyberfret
  • Ultimate
  • Freelicks
  • Farhat
  • Superfrets
  • Musictheory
  • Wholenote
  • Ibanezrules
  • Jemsite
  • ProjectG
  • Backing
  • Luther's
  • S.O.F.T
  • Tonefactor
  • Mr.Yong

  • Fly on, little wing.


    Monday, December 31, 2007
    Ultimate Santana.

    Today my bunk-mate Paul asked me, 'got any good albums recently?'

    I did not know how to answer him, why?

    Firstly, Paul's taste of music is quite different from mine and,
    secondly, I acquire new albums almost every day.
    I really like the new Deicide and Obituary albums, but I don't think Paul likes black and death metal, respectively, that much.
    Al Di Meola's 'Diabolic Inventions and Seduction for Solo Guitar' is pretty darn stunning as well. So are Kenny Wayne Shepherd and the eternal Albert Collins!

    Paul mentioned that he likes classic rock.
    And the only thing I could think of was 'Ultimate Santana'. Of which I've been listening to recently.

    'Ultimate Santana' is a collection of Carlos Santana's greatest hits. The album is not entirely exhaustive, but it does cover the basics.
    I got it purely due to the fact that Santana himself is coming to Singapore next year.

    There's nothing much more I can say about Carlos Santana. He has already established himself as a legend among legends, in both the guitar and music community in general.
    Despite him getting older and looking shabbier by the day, his feel, skills and tone are, well, still pretty much god-like
    The thing about Santana is that he will appeal to both the die-hard guitar-geek and also to the pesdestrian listener. Unlike black-metal, or even the blues, Santana is not an acquired taste. He's just the taste
    (for the lack of a better word), the good taste, the good music.

    In summary, the old geezer is one helluva musician (note: I didn't say guitarist) and he puts his soul into his music.

    I can barely wait to see him live in Singapore.



    Here's the old wanker with his PRS in action.

    Posted at 9:19 pm