Philmon, Singapore.
He had discovered Time and Death and God.

Recent Posts.
WHAT?
CBRE
In Somber Resplendence.
Axis of Evil.
Hello there. I can't seem to add in the title. I h...
Recurrence.
Command School
Overburdened.
Camera Tricks.
Snap.


We Say Trendkill.

Enshrined


Cast Down the Heretics.
  • Precious
  • 05A23
  • Bernadette
  • Cubicbottle
  • Dinie
  • Eshwinder
  • Jeffree
  • Juliano
  • Kader
  • Kimberly
  • Mak
  • Nadia
  • Nurul
  • Pei Yi
  • Shu Chen
  • Selene
  • Serina
  • SiewBoon
  • Yu Jun
  • Zira
  • Zi Yang

  • And the Slaves Shall Serve.
  • Harmony Central
  • The Gearpage
  • Football365
  • Manchester
  • Ibreathemusic
  • Guitarknowledgenet
  • Cyberfret
  • Ultimate
  • Freelicks
  • Farhat
  • Superfrets
  • Musictheory
  • Wholenote
  • Ibanezrules
  • Jemsite
  • ProjectG
  • Backing
  • Luther's
  • S.O.F.T
  • Tonefactor
  • Mr.Yong

  • Fly on, little wing.


    Sunday, November 25, 2007
    ASEAN Summit.

    Due to my unit's commitments in the recent ASEAN Summit, I've spent 6 whole days at Shangri-La Hotel, doing my duty to protect all the ASEAN Head-of-States and all the foreign delegates from any chemical, biological, radiological and explosive threats.

    Sounds pompous, but it's nothing but humbling hard-work.

    It really was an eye-opener.  

    I went to places that most of you would never have had the chance to go.
    I saw things that most of you would never have had the chance to see.
    I touched things that most of you would never have had the chance to touch.
    I learnt that most of you would never have had the chance to learn.
    I heard things that most of you would never have had the chance to hear.

    I got to see all the ASEAN Heads-of-States, which in itself was quite a sight. 
    I made many new friends, including the hotel security personnels, the police security command personnels, some of the media people from CNA and even became good friends with several of the famed Gurkhas.

    My two favourite Gurkhas are called Thaka and Sruemi. They are both happily married with kids and they take their jobs very seriously.
    You wouldn't believe their job-scope and the equipment they carry with them. And I wouldn't dare list any of such infomation here either.

    Despite their stern countenances and formidable physiques, they are very gentle, soft-spoken and genial.
    As we exchanged handshakes, I wasn't met with testosterone-fuelled iron-grips but just light, friendly grasps. Seemingly stemming from individuals who innately comprehend their considerable strength, and not having any need to prove anything to anyone or to themselves.

    They shared with me their stories of age-old Nepal, their families, their training and of their work here in Singapore as a Gurkha.
    I sincerely wish them well and hopefully we'd get to meet again at some other major ops in the future.

    As a whole, this ops was draining. But I have to say it felt good to have been a part of it.

    Posted at 3:08 pm