Philmon, Singapore.
He had discovered Time and Death and God.

Recent Posts.
The Death Spray.
Up To My Ears.
Mine.
Innova selects.
Slipknot.
Please Donate Generously.
Update.
A23.
Thrice and thrice.
Reads.


We Say Trendkill.

Enshrined


Cast Down the Heretics.
  • Precious
  • 05A23
  • Bernadette
  • Cubicbottle
  • Dinie
  • Eshwinder
  • Jeffree
  • Juliano
  • Kader
  • Kimberly
  • Mak
  • Nadia
  • Nurul
  • Pei Yi
  • Shu Chen
  • Selene
  • Serina
  • SiewBoon
  • Yu Jun
  • Zira
  • Zi Yang

  • And the Slaves Shall Serve.
  • Harmony Central
  • The Gearpage
  • Football365
  • Manchester
  • Ibreathemusic
  • Guitarknowledgenet
  • Cyberfret
  • Ultimate
  • Freelicks
  • Farhat
  • Superfrets
  • Musictheory
  • Wholenote
  • Ibanezrules
  • Jemsite
  • ProjectG
  • Backing
  • Luther's
  • S.O.F.T
  • Tonefactor
  • Mr.Yong

  • Fly on, little wing.


    Saturday, October 08, 2005
    Greathearted.

    Regarding the fellows who posted derogatory racist comments on their Weblogs; one got a month in prison while the other received a day in prison and a $5,000 fine.

    It is rather startlingly, them being convicted as such. What worries me is that if things continue in this vein, Huai Shi would similarly get cannoned. I admit that what they did was devoid of good judgment, in the sense that it might spark off social disorders.
    But getting incarcerated for it? Our government is bent on using this as an example to foreclose any similar incidents in the future. These guys are but hapless scapegoats. And since they are assigning such an immense amount of resources and effort into setting this example, we might as well learn from it. To quote the papers, ‘… landmark jail sentences …’

    Inmate 02 (racist Weblogger): Hello, what you in for?
    Inmate 01 (hardcore murderer): I decapitated a rival gang-leader. And what the hell you in for?
    Inmate 02 (racist Weblogger): I posted racist remarks on a dog’s lover forum.
    Inmate 01 (hardcore murderer): Oh my goodness, Holy Jaborandi! The temerity!

    I would loathe witnessing HuaiShi getting convicted, (No, HuaiShi, seriously), despite the sheer amount of beautiful insults that we have exchanged over the years. I hope the judge would go lenient on him. It is wholesomely vile to have such a repulsive smear on your record at the tender age of seventeen. Convicting him is tantamount to burning away his glorious and splendiferous future, if he has one.

    A mere day in prison reflects just as hideously as a thousand. At least those two gargoyles are in their twenties and are in possession of a steady job. But my friend here does not; he is a wasted bastard. So would you please be so gracious and benignant as to let him off the hook this time? He already is remorseful.

    Yellow Ribbon Project aside, I frankly would have no qualms about employing a person who has been convicted of posting racist remarks on the Internet. At least I can rest assured that this fellow has a substantial understanding of the ‘cause and effect’ theory. He comprehends the staggering consequences that are induced by certain actions. Hence, I would have with me a heedful and meticulous employee.

    It is imperative that HuaiShi remains strong in the face of such events. He just informed me that he is currently suffering from bouts of mild depression. I fervently hope that everything will eventually turn out fine for him. I would be traumatised if I were to be charged, repeatedly hauled to court, endure the vengeful stares of my parents as they shell out $15,000 to bail me out and even more cash to hire a lawyer for me and to hear the vindictive comments and vicious whisperings about me by friends, family and strangers alike. The brewing, unspoken disappointment arising from those I hold dear would be too overwhelming to bear.

    It is too of veritable importance that we forgive him and the other two fellows. They made a mistake. They are at fault and they have apologised, in addition to serving their sentences. To err is human, to admit divine. I am leaving this whole fiasco at that, and I sincerely wish that everyone out there is similarly able to ascertain their capacity to extend their forgiveness.


    Posted at 1:39 pm