Philmon, Singapore.
He had discovered Time and Death and God.

Recent Posts.
Blackheart Little Giant.
Blackhearted Pictures.
MOVED.
ObZenly Blooddrunk.
Invigoration.
Ultimate Santana.
Nothing from Nowhere.
ASEAN Summit.
WHAT?
CBRE


We Say Trendkill.

Enshrined


Cast Down the Heretics.
  • Precious
  • 05A23
  • Bernadette
  • Cubicbottle
  • Dinie
  • Eshwinder
  • Jeffree
  • Juliano
  • Kader
  • Kimberly
  • Mak
  • Nadia
  • Nurul
  • Pei Yi
  • Shu Chen
  • Selene
  • Serina
  • SiewBoon
  • Yu Jun
  • Zira
  • Zi Yang

  • And the Slaves Shall Serve.
  • Harmony Central
  • The Gearpage
  • Football365
  • Manchester
  • Ibreathemusic
  • Guitarknowledgenet
  • Cyberfret
  • Ultimate
  • Freelicks
  • Farhat
  • Superfrets
  • Musictheory
  • Wholenote
  • Ibanezrules
  • Jemsite
  • ProjectG
  • Backing
  • Luther's
  • S.O.F.T
  • Tonefactor
  • Mr.Yong

  • Fly on, little wing.


    Saturday, March 29, 2008
    New Music.

    Recently, there has been quite an influx of new albums. So far, I've gotten my hands on the following,

    At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul (Reissue)
    Death Angel - Killing Season

    'Slaughter of the Soul' is probably At the Gate's most critically acclaimed album. This reissue album is an opportunity for a fan to experience one the genre's pioneers in their heyday. Awesome stuff.

    Death Angel, well, what can I say. They are thoroughly invigorated in this album, as opposed to the earlier one, where they seemed to be still finding their footing. Really, really, good material.
     
    Other albums include,

    In Flames - A Sense of Purpose
    Meshuggah - obZen
    Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk
    Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition
    Steve Lukather - Ever Changing Times
    The Black Crowes - Warpaint
    Toto - Greatest Hits

    I really enjoyed them all, except for the new offering from the Black Crowes. I found it really unfocused, and I got bored very quickly. But still, if you are a Black Crowes fan, you would still appreciate what they are doing in 'Warpaint'.

    Exodus's 'The Atrocity Exhibition' was a blast. I was never a fan, as I have never really took the effort to check them out. ZY's recommendation was the impetus, and I am glad that I got acquainted with this band. I especially enjoyed 'Bedlam 123'.

    Meshuggah's 'obZen' was a sheer barrage of metal monstrosity. It is one blistering album. But, nothing compared to their earlier offerings. If you have been a long time fan of the band, you would have noticed their evolving sound. 'obZen' has none of the compressed choppiness and changeability of the Meshuggah's albums of the 90's. In fact, this is one of their most consistent album to date. You can track the change from 95's 'Destroy Erase Improve', and then 'Catch 33', and now this. Although it might disappoint some hardcore fans, I am definitely one to agree with their current state of work. 

    As a fan of Alexi Laiho, you cannot help but be blown away by 'Blooddrunk'. I know I am shortchanging the other members in the band, but Laiho is pretty much on fire in this offering.

    Steve Lukather is one of the best guitarist around. And I just had to get his new album, of which is surprisingly refreshing, yet still showcasing his trademark licks and polished chops. And along with this album, I also got Toto's 'Greatest Hits' album which not so coincidentally, also features the great mustachioed Steve Lukather.

    Okay, I have lots more to say, but frankly my eyes are getting tired from staring at the screen.

    Posted at 11:18 am