Philmon, Singapore.
He had discovered Time and Death and God.

Recent Posts.
THE HKL.
Guitars.
The first of many Bootleg Toy Reviews.
An update.
Pa rt - da ni el.
Freedom of speech, my ass.
The little things in life.
Slipknot, again.
I am a part of the Mythology.
Friends?


We Say Trendkill.

Enshrined


Cast Down the Heretics.
  • Precious
  • 05A23
  • Bernadette
  • Cubicbottle
  • Dinie
  • Eshwinder
  • Jeffree
  • Juliano
  • Kader
  • Kimberly
  • Mak
  • Nadia
  • Nurul
  • Pei Yi
  • Shu Chen
  • Selene
  • Serina
  • SiewBoon
  • Yu Jun
  • Zira
  • Zi Yang

  • And the Slaves Shall Serve.
  • Harmony Central
  • The Gearpage
  • Football365
  • Manchester
  • Ibreathemusic
  • Guitarknowledgenet
  • Cyberfret
  • Ultimate
  • Freelicks
  • Farhat
  • Superfrets
  • Musictheory
  • Wholenote
  • Ibanezrules
  • Jemsite
  • ProjectG
  • Backing
  • Luther's
  • S.O.F.T
  • Tonefactor
  • Mr.Yong

  • Fly on, little wing.


    Tuesday, September 06, 2005
    The 300-plus Court.

    Everyone is inexplicably bound to their past and that is precisely the reason why we often reminisce, and claim that those long gone days were the best time of our lives. Every little action, event and decision from before contributes to what and how we are today. However, we also have to bear in mind that we ought to also cherish and savour what we have now because someday in the future, the present will be labelled as 'the best time of my life'.
    I met Hermez today at the Yishun interchange, from afar we exchanged waves and huge grins as we walked towards each other. Hermez is an Indonesian who lives in JB. He was part of the aptly named Northview Crazy Four. The other members included Richard, Zul and Azhari. We, the Yishun Towners, met them one fateful day around 4 years ago at the 300-plus court. And since then, we have waged countless battles on that court throughout the 4 odd years. They were skillful, tenacious, strong and fast, they were among my favourite opponents. However, we were much swifter, stronger, brutal, tenacious and we packed a whole lot more of pure footballing skill. But, hell, it was damn good to see Hermez again, to see one from that period of my life when I existed simply to play football, get better at it and to thrash every single motherfucker at the 300 plus court. It was an obsession, and I loved every second of it.
    We, the Yishun Towners, had a reputation at the 300-plus court. So what if most of the people there are older than us? Fuck it, we protected and defended our position in the top tier of the court through our skill and spirit. We were respected, we were the heavyweights.
    I love that court, having played there for such a long time. I know exactly where the goalpost is, and I can hit my target without really looking at the goalpost and I know how the ball will deflect off each and every panel of the wall. I am also damn certain that I have covered every single inch of that court a hundred times over. I enjoyed the camaraderie, the exhilaration of the game, the respect, the bond and the thrill of the competition. Every single game was a hard-fought and fuckingly intense physical and mental battle. You have to possess immense confidence in yourself, your skills and your team. The moment you are intimidated, you will be torn apart and no one will be there to pick up your pieces. The 300-plus court was not place for pussies and whims.
    Hermez has changed, and so has the rest. Richard has dropped out of school, and everyone now has separate interests and shit. But we are still linked by our past, by the times we spent together at the court. Yes, these people may be mats, hardcore bengs and gangsters but we do have something in common. We all share a similar burning passion for the game that is beyond reason, we are bound(correction) together by our love for it and we respect and each other, irregardless of our stark differences.
    We exchanged numbers, promising to get together someday to play together again. I said "Goodbye" and Hermez said, "Bye, Abang". Respect, in play.
    I am proud of my friends, my opponents, and my team.
    Most of all, I am so proud of her.
    I love her.

    Posted at 1:45 pm