Philmon, Singapore.
He had discovered Time and Death and God.

Recent Posts.
Not so Random.
Man Utd 4, West Ham 1.
The Truth.
New Music.
Blackheart Little Giant.
Blackhearted Pictures.
MOVED.
ObZenly Blooddrunk.
Invigoration.
Ultimate Santana.


We Say Trendkill.

Enshrined


Cast Down the Heretics.
  • Precious
  • 05A23
  • Bernadette
  • Cubicbottle
  • Dinie
  • Eshwinder
  • Jeffree
  • Juliano
  • Kader
  • Kimberly
  • Mak
  • Nadia
  • Nurul
  • Pei Yi
  • Shu Chen
  • Selene
  • Serina
  • SiewBoon
  • Yu Jun
  • Zira
  • Zi Yang

  • And the Slaves Shall Serve.
  • Harmony Central
  • The Gearpage
  • Football365
  • Manchester
  • Ibreathemusic
  • Guitarknowledgenet
  • Cyberfret
  • Ultimate
  • Freelicks
  • Farhat
  • Superfrets
  • Musictheory
  • Wholenote
  • Ibanezrules
  • Jemsite
  • ProjectG
  • Backing
  • Luther's
  • S.O.F.T
  • Tonefactor
  • Mr.Yong

  • Fly on, little wing.


    Monday, May 19, 2008
    Shifting Paradigms.


    I was looking through my old pictures, and I came across the above image. It is the class emblem for 05A23 that I drew. It was to be printed on our class T-shirt.
    Pardon the imagery though, I was really into R.A Salvatore at that point of time. As seen from the twin scimitars that the eagle is clutching in its claws. Hah!

    We really were a tight bunch, and I miss everyone of them.


    And it suddenly dawned upon me that there have been lots of things that I used to do, that I don't do nowadays.

    For one, I used to draw a lot, read and write a lot.
    Not to appear haughty, but all through my days as in school prior, the fact that my fortes are writing and drawing are pretty much acknowledged unanimously.

    Remnants of those days are my stacks of sketch books, which I can't even remember where I've stashed them.

    I still read, definitely. But not as ferociously as before. I don't draw anymore, I just don't feel like it.

    Musically wise, I'm pretty much the same. I still find a little time to practise my guitar playing, however, playing seriously like the days before is totally out of the equation. My taste of music has expanded considerably, but that's a story for another day.

    I still indulge in guitar-gear, but lesser recently. I've several new interests, such as Hi-Fi equipments. It's amazing how I've managed to sum this new interest up in a few succinct words, 'Hi-Fi equipments'. If only it were that simple. But then again, if it were that straight-forward and shallow, I'd probably not have taken an interest to it.

    I'm using Hi-Fi as a very broad term. There are the million different kinds speakers, cables, amps, headphones, in-ear monitors, tubes, CD players, formats, whatever fuck.
    There's a library's worth of knowledge involved and I'm devouring every little bit with an insatiable appetite. And also, my ears have become very much more sensitive. I always been always to tell what's a good guitar tone, but that's quite easy. It's something else to be able to hear what's good and bad from a Hi-Fi enthusiast point of view. I'm turning into a bona-fide audiophile!

    I foresee that I'll soon learn almost every thing that is relevant. Just like how I've studied guitar-gear and all it's thousand and one nuances. And then, tsk tsk, I'd have to move on and start consuming more knowledge on another newly chosen field of expertise.

    Knowledge is power!

    Posted at 5:01 pm