Philmon, Singapore.
He had discovered Time and Death and God.

Recent Posts.
A New Face.
Miracle.
Over-haul.
Does it ever End?
06-06-06
He had discovered Time and Death and God.
Random Sharing.
More pictures.
Lost.
Spam.


We Say Trendkill.

Enshrined


Cast Down the Heretics.
  • Precious
  • 05A23
  • Bernadette
  • Cubicbottle
  • Dinie
  • Eshwinder
  • Jeffree
  • Juliano
  • Kader
  • Kimberly
  • Mak
  • Nadia
  • Nurul
  • Pei Yi
  • Shu Chen
  • Selene
  • Serina
  • SiewBoon
  • Yu Jun
  • Zira
  • Zi Yang

  • And the Slaves Shall Serve.
  • Harmony Central
  • The Gearpage
  • Football365
  • Manchester
  • Ibreathemusic
  • Guitarknowledgenet
  • Cyberfret
  • Ultimate
  • Freelicks
  • Farhat
  • Superfrets
  • Musictheory
  • Wholenote
  • Ibanezrules
  • Jemsite
  • ProjectG
  • Backing
  • Luther's
  • S.O.F.T
  • Tonefactor
  • Mr.Yong

  • Fly on, little wing.


    Thursday, May 18, 2006
    Why Aren't You Calling Yet?


    For the very first time, I feel thoroughly depleted, musically-wise. Yeah, I know it sounds pathetically meaningless and pussyish.

    I used to revel in my music on the ipod.
    Now I feel that taking out the player is a chore in itself.

    I used to revel in playing the guitar and everything else associated with it. That is tweaking the pedals, amp and whatnot, learning new tracks/licks/riffs/solos, and going insane with it all.
    But now I feel so exhausted and uninspired.

    Checking out fellow guitarists' pedalboards on thegearpage.com does not help either.

    Gear-wise, I am miles behind. Some of those fellows are so far ahead that I cannot even catch a whiff of their dust.
    Here's a sampling, a rig like this is easily USD2,000. All boutique stuff. Boutique spelled H-I-G-H-E-N-D.


    **Note my penchant for overtly emphasising on the prices. It's due to my inability to match them buck for buck. Not unless I have a high-paying job, of which leads me back to the A-levels. Piss!



    It is indeed common knowledge that music is free and unbridled. That it can still be startlingly beautiful even when it is unadorned.
    But by checking out those pedalboards, my inspiration is just pounded further down.

    Agreed, it is not a must to acquire such high-end gear.
    Agreed, without them I will not die.
    Agreed, it is a want, not a need.
    However, the feeling of inferiority and envy is still largely prevalent in me. And it is really not helping with my dwindling inspiration.

    I need a muse, to rekindle my musical sprightliness.
    I need to sleep and I need to keep away from all things music/guitar, I need to watch Paul Gilbert in action.

    Aside from my lack of vivification in musically, I am all fine otherwise.
    I am looking forward to a day out with her, and also a morning out at the usual football appointment.
    Well,
    cheers to the A-levels, my dear friends.


    Posted at 8:50 pm