Philmon, Singapore.
He had discovered Time and Death and God.

Recent Posts.
Life Story.
Opeth.
The man who dies rich dies disgraced.
Smarties.
Move aside, Nadal.
Metaltronic.
Socks Master.
Flaws.
Why Aren't You Calling Yet?
A New Face.


We Say Trendkill.

Enshrined


Cast Down the Heretics.
  • Precious
  • 05A23
  • Bernadette
  • Cubicbottle
  • Dinie
  • Eshwinder
  • Jeffree
  • Juliano
  • Kader
  • Kimberly
  • Mak
  • Nadia
  • Nurul
  • Pei Yi
  • Shu Chen
  • Selene
  • Serina
  • SiewBoon
  • Yu Jun
  • Zira
  • Zi Yang

  • And the Slaves Shall Serve.
  • Harmony Central
  • The Gearpage
  • Football365
  • Manchester
  • Ibreathemusic
  • Guitarknowledgenet
  • Cyberfret
  • Ultimate
  • Freelicks
  • Farhat
  • Superfrets
  • Musictheory
  • Wholenote
  • Ibanezrules
  • Jemsite
  • ProjectG
  • Backing
  • Luther's
  • S.O.F.T
  • Tonefactor
  • Mr.Yong

  • Fly on, little wing.


    Thursday, June 29, 2006
    Neil Young.

    I'm currently taking a break from reading about the end of the Cold War, the development of the international economy and the crisis of bloody communism. It's boring, I really don't want to grow up being anything like Ah-Ray.

    Anyhow, I'm feeling pretty prodigal, hah! So I'll share with you one of the best videos/songs that I've ever came across.

    This is Neil Young in the late 1970s, performing 'Hey Hey, My My' from the album 'Rust Never Sleeps.'
    And I tell you, it is one of the greatest musical feats ever; brilliance in its purest form.

    It's so inspiring, at least to me. And the mojo in this song/performance is so intense, such feeling, passion and such mastery.

    And the Tone of his guitar, his sound, damn. It's one of the best I've ever heard.
    Let me tell you more about Tone. Most guitarist are very particular/obsessed about their Tone, we go to unbelievable extents to achieve our own unique and elusive Holy Grail-esque Tone.
    My personal maxim regarding it, is that life is too infinitely short for a bad tone.
    And once again, Neil Young's Tone is outstandingly outstanding.

    Neil Young, among others, made me realise that good music does exist outside the metal and classical realm.

    Watch it, my friends.





    And alright, I'm hitting the books again, now.

    Posted at 6:54 pm