Philmon, Singapore.
He had discovered Time and Death and God.

Recent Posts.
Opeth Live.
David Gemmell.
Gotta love'em.
Nice Pictures, One.
Hendrix Imposter.
Kayu!
R. I. P IRWIN.
Musical Musings.

Hippos.


We Say Trendkill.

Enshrined


Cast Down the Heretics.
  • Precious
  • 05A23
  • Bernadette
  • Cubicbottle
  • Dinie
  • Eshwinder
  • Jeffree
  • Juliano
  • Kader
  • Kimberly
  • Mak
  • Nadia
  • Nurul
  • Pei Yi
  • Shu Chen
  • Selene
  • Serina
  • SiewBoon
  • Yu Jun
  • Zira
  • Zi Yang

  • And the Slaves Shall Serve.
  • Harmony Central
  • The Gearpage
  • Football365
  • Manchester
  • Ibreathemusic
  • Guitarknowledgenet
  • Cyberfret
  • Ultimate
  • Freelicks
  • Farhat
  • Superfrets
  • Musictheory
  • Wholenote
  • Ibanezrules
  • Jemsite
  • ProjectG
  • Backing
  • Luther's
  • S.O.F.T
  • Tonefactor
  • Mr.Yong

  • Fly on, little wing.


    Wednesday, October 04, 2006
    My History Teacher is Historiously Historious.

    Mr. Y is truly the epitome of a History teacher.
    He preaches a whole damn lot, but he practises what he preaches. I cannot stress on that enough.


    Mr. Y teaches us to answer a History SBQ question in the following 5 simple steps;

    1. Give your explicit analytical statement.
    2. Give evidence to back up your analytical statement.
    3. Interpret and evaluate your evidence.
    4. Provide some contextural knowledge.
    5. Cross-reference with relevant sources to strengthen or weaken your analytical statement.

    And so, following in his sarcred mantra to answering questions, I shall provide evidence to back up my claim that Mr. Y practises what he preaches.

    When you ask Mr. Y a simple, straightforward question like,
    "Mr. Y, what handphone model are you using?"
    You will never get a simple, straightforward answer.

    Instead, this is what you will get from Mr. Y,

    EXPLICIT ANALYTICAL STATEMENT
    "My handphone model is a high-end Nokia model. High-end means expensive. Nokia is a handphone manufacturer from Finland."

    EVIDENCE TO BACK UP ANALYTICAL STATEMENT
    "If you look carefully at the phone, it has the 'Nokia' logo. This shows that it's a Nokia model. It's high-end because it has 3G, and a 10 megapixel camera phone. It also comes with Bluetooth, and a touch screen that has 260, 000 colours. Hence, I can infer that it's a high-end Nokia model."

    INTERPRET AND EVALUATE EVIDENCE
    "Thus, judging from the evidence provided, I conclude that my handphone is indeed a high-end Nokia model. "

    PROVIDE CONTEXTURAL KNOWLEDGE
    "Furthermore, my handphone is relatively more expensive as compared with other handphones as it's part of Nokia's new range of models. Also, it has the new Cyber-Shot equipped 10 megapixel camera. According the latest news regarding handphones, only my Nokia model has such functions. Other brands such as Siemens and Samsung have yet to include 10 megapixel cameras in their models. Hence, strengthening my claim that my handphone is a high-end Nokia Model"

    CROSS-REFERENCE WITH RELEVANT SOURCE
    "Finally, when cross-referenced with the reciept I received upon purchase of my handphone, I can confirm that my handphone is indeed a high-end Nokia model which I paid $900 for."

    Mr. Y lives and breathes and practises History in his everyday life. You cannot ask for a more committed teacher.
    Hooray Hooray for Mr. Y! We are in safe hands! And mind, I mean it. We appreciate you!



    Posted at 8:22 pm